-By Emily Bonsignore
I recently went on a trip to Los Angeles and was lucky enough to experience some 80-degree weather. Unfortunately, this small taste of spring has left me wanting more. In my anxious anticipation for its return, I made floral crowns for exciting, upcoming spring events! Whether you are lucky enough to go to Coachella or, like me, will be sporting them at Davis’ Whole Earth Festival, these crowns are a sure way to brighten your day!
1) Everything you need can be purchased at your local craft store, and all for under $10! You will need floral wire, floral tape, scissors and an assortment of silk flowers of your choice.
2) The next step is to cut all the flowers from the larger stem. Make sure to leave a little stem attached to the flower so you can later attach them to the headpiece.
3) To make the headpiece, wrap the wire around your head to desired tightness. I wrapped mine three times around for stability reasons. Don’t forget to twist the ends together and secure with floral tape.
4) This step is the fun part! You get to arrange your flowers. I wanted mine to be a bit more like a bouquet, so I stacked the flowers to get a bunchier feel, but the style is completely up to you.
5) To attach your flowers take small pieces of wire and wrap them around the stems to the headpiece. To prevent the wire ends from poking you wrap with floral tape.
6) Finally, “If you’re going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair.”